Fashionable featuring designer shoes, this painting was created for an art installation inspired by the store name of “Elle et Lui” which translates from French into Her and Him. The painting is titled "Je vais te prendre des places (I Will Take You Places)".
I have used a 1927 French language novel within the creation of this painting. Collaging the pages into the background in a chaotic yet repetitive pattern, the use of the text is symbolic. In a random pattern various styles of shoes have been painted in all shapes, colours and styles. Brands featured include Paulo Brandao, Egido Alves and Luis Onofre. High heels, sandals, boots and wedges. Leather, feathers, suede, shiny and snake skin - pick your favourites.
The original artwork was created by layering vintage book pages onto canvas and then painting the objects on top with acrylic paint. I love to have multiple layers of meaning in my artworks and hide secret messages.
• Acrylic paint on canvas
• Clean Edges
• 76cm x 76cm x 4cm (30” x 30” x 1.5”)
• Colours may differ slightly from the image you see on your screen due to different monitor displays.
• Signed and dated
• Sealed for protection
• Ready to hang - D rings and wire
• Sent insured in Australia, with a courier where available
• Securely wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap
• Local collection available (South West of Western Australia)
All sales of my original artworks are final and I still retain all rights on the image. Feel free to contact me to discuss commissions or special requests.