This painting is inspired by collections of mementos, treasures and trinkets. I find teacups alluring. My mother collects teapots and I quite like teacups although I’m not a drinker of tea. I enjoy collecting them and painting them, capturing their personalities. This painting is titled “Missing You Already”.
This painting was created by collaging a canvas with vintage book pages and then painting the image over the top with acrylic paint. This is a technique I am very fond of as I hide secrets within the work underneath, in the text and the image itself.
This piece speaks about everyday conversations and the dreams of journeys we have taken through our lives.
• Acrylic paint on canvas
• Clean Edges
• 30.5cm x 30.5xm x 4cm (12” x 12” x 1.5”)
• Colours may differ slightly from the image you see on your screen due to different monitor displays.
• Signed and dated
• Sealed for protection
• Ready to hang - D rings and wire
• Sent insured, with a courier where available
• Securely wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap
• Local collection available (South West of Western Australia)
All sales of my original artworks are final and I still retain all rights on the image. Feel free to contact me to discuss commissions or special requests.