This is a Southern Bent-wing Bat, also known as Miniopterus orianae bassanii. Roosting in caves and rock crevices, these bats can live for twenty years. The heat and humidity of the caves promotes development of the hairless pups that learn to fly at 7 weeks and reach full size at 10 weeks. They are insectivorous and use echolocation to find their prey. They net their prey using their wings/tail and feed mid flight. They are critically endangered and live in the South West of Australia.
This artwork was painted with acrylic on wood board. It was created as part of a solo exhibition where I explored the theme of showcasing Endangered Australian animals. It is titled "Southern Bent-Wing Bat - Anything Else Can Wait".
This is a Fine Art Print that is printed with Pigment Ink on acid-free Archival paper.
* Prints are unframed
* All prints have a white border to accommodate standard frame sizes
* All prints are made to order in the studio or through an art printer
* Multiple size options are available in the drop down menu. Contact me if you have a specific size you are seeking.
* Prints are posted in a rolled tube for protection
* A4/A3 prints are posted flat where possible
* Allow 2-3 weeks for fulfilment and delivery
* You are welcome to combine postage
Custom orders & queries are welcome