A high fashion shoe collection, this painting was created for an art installation inspired by the store name of “Elle et Lui” which translates from French into Her and Him. The painting is titled "Je vais te prendre des places (I Will Take You Places)".
I have used a 1927 French language novel within the creation of this painting. Collaging the pages into the background in a chaotic yet repetitive pattern, the use of the text is symbolic. In a random pattern various styles of shoes have been painted in all shapes, colours and styles. Brands featured include Paulo Brandao, Egido Alves and Luis Onofre. High heels, sandals, boots and wedges. Leather, feathers, suede, shiny and snake skin - pick your favourites.
The original artwork was created by layering vintage book pages onto canvas and then painting the objects on top with acrylic paint. I love to have multiple layers of meaning in my artworks and hide secret messages.
This is a Fine Art Print that is printed with Pigment Ink on acid-free Archival paper.
* Prints are unframed
* All prints have a white border to accommodate standard frame sizes
* All prints are made to order in the studio or through an art printer
* Multiple size options are available in the drop down menu. Contact me if you have a specific size you are seeking.
* Prints are posted in a rolled tube for protection
* A4/A3 prints are posted flat where possible
* Allow 2-3 weeks for fulfilment and delivery
* You are welcome to combine postage
Custom orders & queries are welcome