The Derwent River Seastar, also known as Marginaster littoralis, is prickly and slimy with no backbone or eyes. Only sighted five times in a century and it is most likely extinct. It uses its five spiny arms to cling to the sides of a muddy river bank along the Derwent River in Tasmania, Australia. It hunts by pushing its stomach out of its mouth, engulfing its prey and dragging the remains back inside.
This artwork was painted with acrylic on canvas. It was created as part of a solo exhibition where I explored the theme of showcasing Endangered Australian animals. It is titled "Derwent River Seastar - Make Me Feel Alive".
This is a Fine Art Print that is printed with Pigment Ink on acid-free Archival paper.
* Prints are unframed
* All prints have a white border to accommodate standard frame sizes
* All prints are made to order in the studio or through an art printer
* Multiple size options are available in the drop down menu. Contact me if you have a specific size you are seeking.
* Prints are posted in a rolled tube for protection
* A4/A3 prints are posted flat where possible
* Allow 2-3 weeks for fulfilment and delivery
* You are welcome to combine postage
Custom orders & queries are welcome