This Native Bee has the scientific name of Neopasiphae simplicior. It is a Critically Endangered Australian bee and this is the second version I have painted. The bee is flying through a field of Lobelia flowers in tones of blue with white. It is a black, short-tongued bee found in Forrestdale, within a 1km² of the nature reserve. The last confirmed sightings were in the 1980’s. Extensive research has failed to find any further trace of the bee and it is most likely extinct.
This artwork was painted with acrylic on wood board. To add movement and reinforce the fact that the bee is disappearing from the world I have scratched away paint in various areas of the painting. It was created as part of a solo exhibition where I explored the theme of showcasing Endangered Australian animals. It is titled "A Native Bee - Leaving A Message For You".
This is a Fine Art Print that is printed with Pigment Ink on acid-free Archival paper.
* Prints are unframed
* All prints have a white border to accommodate standard frame sizes
* All prints are made to order in the studio or through an art printer
* Multiple size options are available in the drop down menu. Contact me if you have a specific size you are seeking.
* Prints are posted in a rolled tube for protection
* A4/A3 prints are posted flat where possible
* Allow 2-3 weeks for fulfilment and delivery
* You are welcome to combine postage
Custom orders & queries are welcome