Each day on the way to school the artist, Alicia, would pass Ellen Brook Nature Reserve, a location dedicated to the Western Swamp Tortoise Pseudemydura umbrina. Education has improved in time and numerous environmental groups have banded together to help save this reptile from extinction. There are around 50 adults across two nature reserves with Perth Zoo assisting with a captive breeding program. Western Swamp Tortoise are short necked freshwater turtles. Their colour changes according to their age and environment varying from yellow brown, maroon, brown and black.
The original was created with acrylic paint on collaged vintage book pages on canvas. It it titled “Wandering Home” as an homage to the hard conservation work currently being undertaken to ensure the survival of this turtle.
This is a Fine Art Print that is printed with Pigment Ink on acid-free Archival paper.
* Prints are unframed
* All prints have a white border to allow them to fit in standard frame sizes
* All prints are made to order in the studio or from an art printer
* Multiple size options are available in the drop down menu. Contact me if you have a specific size you are seeking.
* Prints are posted in a rolled tube for protection
* A4/A3 prints are posted when possible in flat non bendable mailers from the studio
* Orders are fulfilled within 5 - 7 business days
* You are welcome to combine postage
Custom orders & queries are welcome